Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Sql 2005 Express Installation Problem

I am receiving the following message when trying to install Sql Server 2005 Express: "An installation package for the product Microsoft Sql Server Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli.msi'. I have verified that the sqlncli.mis file is included in the file being extracted by the installer and I have redownloaded the installation program 3 times from the MSDN site in case the file was corrupt.

Any ideas?I was able to solve my own problem by copying the 'sqlncli.msi' file to another folder during the failed installation.

Then after the failed installation I ran the sqlncli.msi by itself and it installed the Sql Native Client on its own just fine.

Then I ran the installation again and it made it past this point fine and completed the rest of the installation successfully.

This was on a Win2000 Professional machine. I am leaving this post here just in case anyone else runs across this.|||

Thanks a lot man "Johansec".

Your solution worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment