Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another Uninstalling problem!

When I am trying to uninstall SQL Server 2005 Express on XP Home I get the following error message:

The SQL Server System Configuration Checker cannot be executed due to WMI configuration on the machine MARTINS Error:2147749896 (0x80041008).

I have tried restarting the WMI service but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

This looks like a problem with WMI on your computer. Check out the following:

WMI Isn't Working

WMI Diagnosis Utility

This should help you determine what is wrong with WMI and help you fix it.

Regards,

Mike Wachal
SQL Express team

-
Mark the best posts as Answers!

|||Cheers Mike - Running that diag util that you posted says that I have missing files. How would I go about fixing that?

Here is the log file anyway: Log File|||

There seem to be a number of solutions hanging around for this issue, I've picked the one that seems most straight forward. Just copy the following into notepad and save it as either .cmd or .bat and then run the script. This should hopefully replace the files.

Let me know either way...

-- script

%SYSTEMDRIVE%
CD %windir%\system32\wbem
Mofcomp.exe cimwin32.mof
Regsvr32 /s wbemupgd.dll
Regsvr32 /s wbemsvc.dll
wmiprvse /regserver

end script

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/jpapiez/archive/2004/12/09/279041.aspx

Mike

|||Here is the output of that batch file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem>Mofcomp.exe cimwin32.mof
Microsoft (R) 32-bit MOF Compiler Version 5.1.2600.2180
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp. 1997-2001. All rights reserved.
Parsing MOF file: cimwin32.mof
MOF file has been successfully parsed
Storing data in the repository...
An error occurred while opening the namespace for object 1 defined on lines 8
11:
Error Number: 0x80070005, Facility: Win32
Description: Access is denied.
Compiler returned error 0x80070005
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem>Regsvr32 /s wbemupgd.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem>Regsvr32 /s wbemsvc.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem>wmiprvse /regserver
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem>|||

I assume that you're still not able to uninstall, right?

The final part of the 'WMI isn't Working' paper I referenced above has a section on repairing WMI that you should read. If that doesn't solve the problem, you'll really need to contact Windows Support as the article suggests. After to common solutions fail, I'm out of my depth.

Regards,

Mike

|||Yes I am still not able to uninstall. Thanks for the link, if that doesn't work I'm going to try a repair installation of Windows.

Thanks for the help and links.

No comments:

Post a Comment