Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Suggestion

i am new at this. but i need to do a calculation that has to sum a running
value or running value of a running value . here is my expression.
=sum((((Fields!PART_QTY_ON_HAND.Value
- runningvalue((Fields!REQUIREMENT.Value), sum, "tbl1grp3")
* Fields!Temp_Part_Cost.Value ) + .005) * Fields!ANNUAL_CARRYING_RATE.
Value / 1200))
anyone have another suggestion or at least tell me that it can not be done.
thanx, kerries
--
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.comKerrie,
I'm not sure what you are asking here. In principle the expression
looks fine although I think your parantheses are in the wrong place. If
you are after a running total of this expression, I just tried a
RunningValue on a ReportItems object, but it didn't like it.
I'd suggest it would be more efficient to try and do this in the SQL
query if you can.
Chris
Kerrie S via SQLMonster.com wrote:
> i am new at this. but i need to do a calculation that has to sum a
> running value or running value of a running value . here is my
> expression.
> =sum((((Fields!PART_QTY_ON_HAND.Value
> - runningvalue((Fields!REQUIREMENT.Value), sum, "tbl1grp3")
> * Fields!Temp_Part_Cost.Value ) + .005) *
> Fields!ANNUAL_CARRYING_RATE. Value / 1200))
> anyone have another suggestion or at least tell me that it can not be
> done. thanx, kerries

No comments:

Post a Comment