Sunday, March 11, 2012

Another problem with "Transfer SQL Server Objects Task"

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having some trouble with the "Transfer SQL Server Objects Task".
All I wanna do is to copy a simple database from one server (SQL2000) to another one (SQL2005).

A small excerpt from my settings:

DropObjectsFirst: true
ExistingData: Replace
All table options are set to true
.
No matter what I do the package always appends the data from the source to the destination database.

Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

To copy database, you should use "Transfer Database" task instead of "Transfer SQL Server Objects Task".

(I will investigate and follow-up on the issue related to appending of data in the table you are transferring.)

|||Hi Kaarthik,

I know I could use the "Transfer Database" task instead, but only in a few cases.
Most of the time I'll have to decide whether or not I want to copy certain objects (e.g. SPs) as well.

I hope this one gets fixed soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment